Gael Force Bothy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gael Force Bothy

Have Some Fun In The Bothy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Believe it or not

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zena

Zena

Believe it or not Empty
PostSubject: Believe it or not   Believe it or not Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:29 am

Somebody here in Barbados, is writing a book about this family back in 16something who came here from England and lived on a sugar plantation.It also has links with South Carolina as there was a lot of traffic between these three places back then,for example,eight Barbadians (bajans) became Governors of SC over the years. And of course lots of intrigue and interesting stuff,with historically accurate happenings,places and events woven in the story.

The thing about it is that,believe it or not, I am being written into the story under a different name. I had forgotten about it but last night I got a call from the author and he wants me to meet him again at the plantation to which my grandfather/Father managed,(they are my adopted family.) As I am the only living person left that has actually lived there while it was a working plantation, (its still a working plantation,but the house and grounds have become a show piece and no one lives there now) I often get folk calling me and wanting information,like when it was being restored,I had to dig through all the old photographs to lend them for accuracy.

Well anyway that's the story so far. I have foties but i will have to post them later if anyone is interested because I have to go out now and pick up some guys who are fixing the roof to ma wee bothy!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
woodysdad

woodysdad

Believe it or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believe it or not   Believe it or not Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:19 pm

I remember seeing photies o' that big hoose BG! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zena

Zena

Believe it or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believe it or not   Believe it or not Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm

well the author and i went there today and it is fairly spooky,but apparently the tour guides were saying that two visitors, at separate times, ran out of the house because of a spook,or a strong presence. i can believe that,some of my experiences will be in the book but worked into the story,which is a Historical fiction based on real places and so on.
For those who haven't seen it,here is the link.

http://www.stnicholasabbey.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Believe it or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believe it or not   Believe it or not Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believe it or not
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gael Force Bothy :: The Bothy Door Is Open :: Welcome And Hello :: The Bothy Chat-
Jump to: