Gael Force Bothy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gael Force Bothy

Have Some Fun In The Bothy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello people

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 am

Hi! Got directed here and like da look of da place!

When does the fun start for me then??? alien
Back to top Go down
Jimbo

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi Johnni,

welcome to GFB. Very Happy

Been a bit quiet here lately. It's a new forum with few members, and most are on their hols.
Back to top Go down
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:46 pm

Wish I could go on hols! Crying or Very sad

The Credit Crunch has nearly beggared me! Can't get a loan unless - here, can I borrow 5,000 quid from you or anyone else on the forum?

I swear I'll pay it back within 50 years! Well, maybe sixty. Definitely 70, yes definitely 70 years. I'm good for it. Ask anybody. My mother - she'll tell yo - no, maybe not her - she's never forgiven me for getting spam instead of ham when I went to the shops for her 45 years ago. Wasn't my fault the butcher was as deaf as a post. He nearly gave me luncheon meat and I can't stand that stuff, well not without a liberal dose of Rowat's brown sauce on it, y'know the sauce they water down in the chippie to put on bags of chips. Watering the sauce down makes it go further, which lets face it in this day and age is a good idea because of the credit crunch, but I've mentioned that already, haven't I?

Now, about that loan. Are you up for it?
Back to top Go down
torryloon73

torryloon73

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:06 am

I'd be more than happy to advance you the money.

I will only charge 5% compound.

Let me have your full name and address and a cheque will be in the post forthwith.
Back to top Go down
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:28 am

Six thousand four hundred and forty quid in return on a five K loan???

Do you wear a mask, ride a horse and flourish a pistol at people you intend to rob???

And is your name Fred Goodwin by any chance???

I'll see you in York when they put a noose around your neck!!!

Apart from the daylight robber, is there anyone else, with a little more charity in their heart would like to help out an old soldier. I fought in Korea you know. Also Vietnam, Cambodia, the Falklands, Northern Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan. I never could get on with anybody!
Back to top Go down
torryloon73

torryloon73

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:38 am

My commission agents only direct people to this site who are known to be a wee bit gullible !!
They have to do that because their 'share' of my deal is a pittance !
SO . assuming you are desperate for the money, let's get the deal underway before the rates increase !
You know it makes sense and you won't find another deal even close to my generous offer.
Back to top Go down
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:39 am

Desperate? Maybe!

Gullible? No!

I'll wait to see if more "generous" offers appear on the table.

I reckon though that Scrooge wasn't as grasping as you even BEFORE the Ghosts of Christmas caught up with him!!!

I never used to believe the old adage that Scots were mean and avaricious.

I only wanted a small loan to go on my hols! Sad
Back to top Go down
torryloon73

torryloon73

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:12 am

Johnni wrote:
Hi! Got directed here and like da look of da place!

When does the fun start for me then??? alien

Think your fun has ended before it can start !

We are running down and closing this site so you can get yourself directed elsewhere.

Committee.
Back to top Go down
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

Quote :
Think your fun has ended before it can start !

We are running down and closing this site so you can get yourself directed elsewhere.

Committee.

Closing down the site?? Shocked

But why? I only just got here! Have I done something wrong???
Back to top Go down
Jimbo

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:18 am

My, my, Johnni, your last two posts have had the most hits we've ever had.

Strangely, since you joined, we've had a lot of guests to this site who seem really interested in what you've got to say.

With such a spellbound audience, you could raise the money for your hols by selling snake-oil. Idea

Now if those people had registered, we could have increased our membership here. Why not ask them to join in - instead of merely being voyeurs?
Back to top Go down
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:45 am

Snake - oil?? Uurgh! Not me. I hate snakes. Never liked them since the first time I got hissed Or something like that! Can't you spot me for the dosh?

As for people looking at your site, quite right. I've been on a couple of sites before and I don't understand what I'm told are "lurkers". Haven't you got anyone with a sparkling personality working on publicity??

But if you're closing the site down as Torryloon73 says (aaaw! don't do that!) how can you encourage people to join?

I was once voted Best Rear in Town, but I don't know if being a bum is any indication of what I say.

Aw shucks, I'm blushing now! Embarassed

Can you say voyeurs and get away with it??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Johnni

Johnni

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:25 am

Howcum there's been no1 on here since Monday?

I'm beginning to feel really lonely here now!!! Sad

Hello-oh!!!

HELLO-OH!!!!!

Jings! There's some echo in this empty place! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello people   Hello people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello people
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum